Re: h5py/2.2.1-2~exp1

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 14:25:04 +0200
Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 12:58:28PM +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> >
> > The tarball shipped in pypi includes the c-files and gets overwritten on
> > build. That would make the build and clean process a bit trickier I guess.
> > The one released on Github does not ship the c-files. Is that ok if I use
> > the Github one then ?
>
> Yes, just use the source from Github if this is cleaner.  However, you
> should probably advise upstream to provide consistent tarballs -
> preferably the clean ones.

Nop, The Cython team recommend to ship correct c-files to avoid a build
dependency (especially on the version of Cython).
If debian sees it from a different point of view, it is the
debian-packager duty to do the clean, not to the upstream.
The same is true for any kind of autogenerated code like, including the
doc built with Sphinx.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Kieffer