Re: RFS: flint -- C library for number theory

Hi,

Le 27/08/2014 18:38, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
On 27/08/2014 18:35, Tobias Hansen wrote:
On 08/27/2014 06:31 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

Le 27/08/2014 15:54, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
Because transitions that break the ABI of a library are coordinated by
the release team [1,2] to make sure several transitions at the same time
don't lead to chaos and an archive where certain things can't be built
anymore. Also to make sure the reverse dependencies are rebuilt and
everything can migrate to testing in a reasonable timeframe. Since you
are now maintaining several libraries it's good that you learn about
that now.
I thought rebuilding reverse deps was done automatically anyway?

No, it's not (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Confirmed.
It is called binNMU (and/or a transition if it impacts a lot of packages).

Oh! Then indeed just pushing new packages which don't FTBFS won't be enough... but it's a sane first step, isn't it?

Snark on #debian-science