Re: RFS: flint -- C library for number theory

Hi,

Le 27/08/2014 10:13, Tobias Hansen a écrit :

are flint and eclib the only reverse dependencies of NTL? If so, we
could maybe avoid doing a transition involving the release team and just
upload the new NTL before flint and eclib.

I know about eclib, flint and linbox (apt-cache rdepends libntl0 agrees). I tested the three with my work on the would-be NTL 6.2.1 package (see bug #758006). The linbox package won't have a problem, and I just made two RFS on eclib&flint to make sure they won't be a problem.

Why would the release team need to be involved if we push the right eclib+flint first, and only later the NTL which breaks them?

Snark on #debian-science