RE:New team member

> After looking at the autopkgtest stuff, this actually feels far LESS
> intimidating. But that's just me, and that opinion might change. We'll
> see. :)

hopefully there is already plenty of exemple and thanks to codesearch it is not thaht difficult to find more of them.

> I have a couple of questions about package "ownership" in this team. On
> the Ruby team, the uploader is whoever, and you can just work on any
> package (pretty much); no one is really in charge of the package.
> However, based on a couple of comments in this thread, it sounds like
> there's a more structured concept of ownership. Is that right?

My personnal opinion is that scientific software are so specific that I fill not really
confortable to work on other software.

Indeed a few tasks like this debci integration, library migrations can be less problematic to share.
Nevertheless if peoples communicate, I see no proble for other to work on pacakge where I am listed as Uploaders.

Another problematic point is that days are only 24hours long...

> Also, curiosity: why does the DDPO page [1] list all packages in
> "science", not just those owned by
> debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org? Seems rather
> strange. Am I right that the top 3 tables (main, contrib, non-free) and
> last 2 (pending, backports) are the actual team-maintained packages, and
> the rest are coming in because they're affiliated with the blend or part
> of the "science" category?

I do not know, Andreas ?

Cheers

Fred