RE:New team member

> I do completely support this idea. I have added autopkgtests for many of "my"
> packages [1], so you will find there a lot of examples, if you need it.

What about creating a dedicated usertag and add bugs for this debci integration.
Each maintainer could add this kind of bug if he think that one of his package could beneficiate of the debci integration.
Not all packages of debian-science has a unit test available right ? :((.

So to help new comers find there way in this not so difficult debci task, would be to references all this kind of bugs in the wiki.

Is these a mean to generate a web page in the wiki with all bugs tagged ?
What is nice in this kind of page is also to see the amount of work already done (the closed bugs).

We need to decide of a usertags for this. debian-science-debci (a bit long...)
maybe we should discuss with the debci developper if they want a dedicated debci usertag general to debian and not attached to a dedicated team.
after all we can filter using the debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org.

> Also we need to have a look at Debian-science packages, which are not able
> to migrate to testing for some reasons. There not so much of them, but
> they need some attention [2].

The RC bugs squashing is also an activity interesting with the freeze, but it seems to me that a new comers
can be intimidated by this kind of RC fix, which are most of the time not that easy to fix. (If it was easy it would have been already fixed isn't it :p)

Cheers

Fred

[1] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=gladk@debian.org
[2] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org