Re: RFS: flint -- C library for number theory

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 09:44:41AM +0200, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Of course : the previous patch was applied so I unapplied it, then I applied
> the new one.

i have used git-dpm for the flint package. git-dpm uses git to manage
patches. manual bookkepping is not required (and breaks things), in
particular there are no serviceable parts in debian/patches.

what you can do about it:
$ git revert the commit in question
$ git-dpm checkout patched
# checks out the 'patched' branch on top of 'upstream'
# now make this 'patched' branch look the way you want, and
$ git-dpm update-patches #,
to get back to master.

when in doubt, git-dpm(1) explains the details.

cheers
felix