Re: RFS: ngspice-26

On Sun, Jul 06, 2014 at 09:58:56AM +0000, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:

> Just follow the following steps:
> $ svn co svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/ng-spice-
> rework/trunk/ ngspice
> $ cd ngspice
> $ ./debian/rules get-orig-source
> $ mv *.gz ..
> $ dpkg-buildpackage -S

Uhhhmm, I remember this non-default packaging procedure from previous
sponsoring.  I need to admit that it is not a good idea to force
sponsors into non-default workflows.  You are somehow provoking delays
(at least when you want to rely on me - perhaps other sponsors are more
clever than me).

> It will complain about missing because there are none, all the files for
> building the source package are in the .orig.tar.gz file.
> I use the following method for more packages and it works nicely. I assume it
> would have been more work to make one package per source file.

I fail to see why a 1:1 relation between upstream source and Debian
source should create more work.  For you it means always explaining
me how to proceed since I will forget it the next time for sure.  At
least you should mention this in README.source (even if I probably
will fail to read it ;-))

> There is no hurry, just knowing someone will upload in the near future is a
> big relief for me :)

It's uploaded anyway.  Thanks for your preparation