Re: RFS: ngspice-26

Hi Andreas

>  dpkg-source -i.git -I.git -b ngspice-26
> dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building ngspice using existing
> ./ngspice_26.orig-manual.tar.gz ./ngspice_26.orig.tar.gz dpkg-source:
> warning: ignoring deletion of directory manual
> dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/aclocal.m4, use
> --include-removal to override dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of
> file manual/NEWS, use --include-removal to override dpkg-source: warning:
> ignoring deletion of file manual/configure.ac, use --include-removal to
> override dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/README, use
>
> This does not look good to me.  I personally would try to create
> packages 1:1 per upstream tarball and would use Files-Excluded in
> debian/copyright to exclude files that should not be distributed.
> In any case I'd (strongly) recommend using xz compression if you
> are recreating the tarballs.
>
> So, how to create the package properly?  I must admit I'll be
> traveling tomorrow to LSM in Montpellier - so will not be able
> to upload before Monday.

Just follow the following steps:
$ svn co svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/ng-spice-
rework/trunk/ ngspice
$ cd ngspice
$ ./debian/rules get-orig-source
$ mv *.gz ..
$ dpkg-buildpackage -S

It will complain about missing because there are none, all the files for
building the source package are in the .orig.tar.gz file.
I use the following method for more packages and it works nicely. I assume it
would have been more work to make one package per source file.

There is no hurry, just knowing someone will upload in the near future is a
big relief for me :)

Regards
Gudjon