Re: Question about sponsoring a package

On 05/23/2014 10:57 AM, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> override_dh_install:
>    [..]
>    @for i in fastq mapvar aprepro grope decomp sphgen gen3d exodiff blot algebra io_shell \
>             genshell exomatlab io_info grepos shell_to_hex nem_spread mat2exo \
>             numbers mapvar-kd cth_pressure_map exotxt ejoin txtexo epu gjoin nem_slice \
>             exo2mat conjoin; do \
>        cmd="dh_link -p seacas usr/share/man/man1/seacas.1 usr/share/man/man1/$$i.1"; \
>        echo $$cmd; $$cmd; \
>    done

I would recommend to be careful not to pollute the /usr/bin namespace.
If a package really has to install many commands to /usr/bin in bulk,
consider prefixing them with the name of the project, e.g. seacas-fastq.
Especially if there are generic names such as decomp, algebra, numbers
involved.

Cheers,
Tobias