Re: Question about sponsoring a package

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> writes:
> Testing the generated package it has easy warnings to fix, but more than one
> hundred:
>
> libpcl-tools: binary-without-manpage
>
> I have tried to generate with help2man man pages but not with a great success.
> I know that the New maintainers guide insist that the maintainer mush write
> the man page, but it's too much work to done that.

This is not just required by lintian, but also by the policy [1]. I
would also not be lucky to have >100 executables lying around without
the standard documentation (which manpages are).

Can you be a bit more specific about your difficulties in writing the
manpages? If the tools are quite similar, you may combine the manpages
of several tools into one. You may also discuss this with upstream.

> So, can I prepare this package to be sponsored with this lintian message?

I would not sponsor it -- but I also can't do this yet anyway :-)

Best regards

Ole

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html