Re: Adopt python-sympy

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 01:38:06PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Good idea.  However, I think you need to ask the maintainer Georges
> instead of Debian Science team

I did something like this before, discussing the sympy support
with Georges.  In result, I'm taking over maintenance of this package,
here is his reply:
-->8--
According to our PTS, sympy is targetted by 4 bug reports, two of them
have been reported by you recently.

The last maintenance action has been done the 11th March 2014 (upload
of release 0.7.5-2) and the watch system does not report a new upstream
version.

I am currently in charge of 63 packages, and sympy is not at the center
of my attention : my goal is to enrich Debian with educatiomal packages,
and sympy has not this profile exactly. I took its reponsability because
of the package wxgeometrie, which is now superseeded by geophar (this
one is still in the NEW queue): both packages depend on sympy.

So I gladly accept your offer to support this package. Should I start an
orphaning procedure, or do you accept to take it in charge directly?
-->8--

> I suggest to keep Georges and you as Uploaders (and may
> be he will sponsor your work).

I have upload permissions for this package (thanks to Georges),
but I would like to keep him in Uploaders, if sometimes he can do at
least some review work.