Re: Crystallography packages

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 01:34:12PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 04:46:39PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > when trying my luck with putting Debian Science packages into tasks (see
> > [1]) I stumbled upon python-fabio.  This was by chance because I was
> > seeking for
> >
> >    apt-cache search cbf
> >
> > since I wanted to make some sense of cbflib-bin which deals with CBF
> > files (which I do not know personally).  It seems both packages are
> > about crystallography and I would be really happy if the maintainers (in
> > CC would come up with some reasonable suggestion in what task(s) the
> > packages should be mentioned.
> >
> > Moreover I noticed that python-fabio is not yet maintained by any
> > team and in a repository outside of anonscm.debian.org.  Would you
> > consider moving this package under team maintenance?
>
> Good reminder that I wanted to reintroduce the debichem-crystallography
> task which got reverted for the wheezy release preparation IIRC.
>
> Back then it contained the following packages: shelxle, xcrysden and
> gcrystal.

If you just want to prevent the creation of a metapackage to not cause
trouble for the release team there is a more simple option rather than
deleting the whole task.  You can simply set

  Metapackage: false

in the header of the task file and it does "what it says".  So you can
easily continue to design your task and set it to "yes" (or delete the
line - yes is default) once you are happy with a new metapackage.