Role of vmtk in Debian Science

Hi Johannes,

I guess you did not answered my request to help putting Debian Science
packages into apropriate Debian Science tasks since your vmtk package
does not fit into any existing Debian Science tasks.  It would be nice
if even stating this fact because it creates simply work for me to
browse the whole list myself to ensure we create well designed and
complete tasks for our users.

Since vmtk is mentioned in the Debian Med imaging tasks[2] it might be
worth considering to switch to Debian Med team which sounds a bit more
fitting than Debian Science.  While there is no real need for doing so
since Debian Med and Debian Science are not competing each other I would
at least recommend subscribing the Debian Med mailing list which might
contain some interesting input also for you.

Moreover I wonder whether there are some relevant publications
covering vmtk reasonably.  A very quick search revealed

  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20618222

but I have no idea whather this is a good catch.  You might have
noticed that on the tasks pages (see for instance [2] and seek for
"Please cite") scientific references for the package in question
are mentioned.  This is some extra service for users and authors
and I would like to see this also for vmtk if you think there is
a reasonable citation.

Finally it would be great if you could upload a screenshot for
vmtk (you will find an "upload screenshot" button in the vmtk
section of [2]).

Kind regards and thanks for maintaining vmtk

       Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2013/12/msg00049.html
[2] http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/imaging