Re: RFS: pyfftw/0.9.2 [ITP Bug #728085] -- python wrapper for FFTW3

On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 11:28 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 09:27:04AM +0000, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> > Usually, I add this snipset to the dh_clean.
> >
> > override_dh_clean:
> >         # remove the cython generated files distributed by upstream
> >         rm -f $(patsubst %.pyx,%.c,$(wildcard src/*.pyx))
>
> ... which strictly speaking is a bit hackish since dh_clean should
> recreate the *original* tarball which you can't now anymore once you
> have deleted parts of it.  I wonder if there might be any better
> solution known to the Debian Python team - for instance some dh_cython
> helper that deals with keeping the files somewhere else and put them
> into place later.

Right now, I am explicitly making a backup of the c-files before
starting the build and restoring them on clean.

That's why I was raising the question whether providing the autogen'd
cpython in the source distribution was a wise choice, since they seem
completely useless to me from a packaging standpoint.

Nevertheless, looking at some example packages (mmtk and guiqwt), it
seems that removing the cpython files is an accepted (acceptable ?)
solution.

> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.
>
> --