Re: RFS: pyfftw/0.9.2 [ITP Bug #728085] -- python wrapper for FFTW3

On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 09:18 +0100, Jerome Kieffer wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:18:42 +0000
> Ghislain Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > i.e. to drop the distribution of the
> > Cython-generated c-files and to distribute the source of the sphinx
> > documentation and not a build of it which requires patching.
>
> Hi Ghislain,
>
> I would highlight this is not an "upstream bug" as cython recommends to
> ship the C/C++ generated files (and optionally the pyx/pxd) to prevent
> the changes in the cython generated files (see the recent
> deprecectation of array of bint with cython 0.19.2).

I didn't know that. I have always thought that whatever can be
auto-generated by the build system should not be shipped as part of a
source distribution.

Is the intent of shipping the c-files just to freeze the version of
Cython then ? I'd be curious to read about it, can you provide a link
regarding this recommendation ?

> This is a Debian specific request (call it a bug if you wish), adding
> another build dependency.

Is there be a way to generate both the Python 2 and Python 3 build of
the extension module from the Cython generated c-files only ?

> Cheers,

Thanks for clarifying, Jerome.

> --
> Jérôme Kieffer