RE:RFS: pyfftw/0.9.2 [ITP Bug #728085] -- python wrapper for FFTW3

> I didn't know that. I have always thought that whatever can be
> auto-generated by the build system should not be shipped as part of a
> source distribution.

I would says that this is easier for the copyright file.
If not you can have this kind of RC bug [1]

> Is the intent of shipping the c-files just to freeze the version of
> Cython then ? I'd be curious to read about it, can you provide a link
> regarding this recommendation ?

Yes, this is explained in the cython documentation [2]
but personnaly I think that this recommendation should not be followed
for a Debian package.

Usually, I add this snipset to the dh_clean.

override_dh_clean:
        # remove the cython generated files distributed by upstream
        rm -f $(patsubst %.pyx,%.c,$(wildcard src/*.pyx))

BUT

the setup.py should deal with the .pyx -> .c generation.

Is it your case ?

If not

you can inspire yourself from the mmtk package or the guiqwt one.

Cheers

Fred

[2] http://docs.cython.org/src/userguide/source_files_and_compilation.html