Re: Packaging and sponsoring of ompl (Was: r3898 - in /projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks: robotics robotics-dev)

Hi Leopold,

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 11:19:51PM +0100, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:

> > The following tests FAILED:
> >          13 - test_2denvs_geometric (Failed)
> >          16 - test_2dcircles_opt_geometric (Failed)
> > Errors while running CTest
> > make[1]: *** [test] Error 8
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> > `/tmp/buildd/ompl-0.13.0+git20130920.01d0ca4/build' dh_auto_test: make -j1
> > test ARGS+=-j1 returned exit code 2
> >

> > I attached the full build log in case this might help.
>
> I knew that. That's why I put a git version, not the official release. Also, in
> the rules file I put:
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS += nocheck

Seems you did forgot some push ...

> I don't understand why do you make test because I disable intentionally. And I
> do that because:
>
> - ompl is a library to make planners that can or not find solution.
> - the test try to find a solution in an specific time, if it doesn't find the
> solution, fails. And it depends on the hardware. A slow machine could make
> more tests fail.
> - to me it has no sense to make that tests because I have no warranty that it
> should work (although the library yes) in different hardware, like debian
> support.

Fine for me to prevent checks - but you need to really specify this.

> I think that there's no some obligation to run the make test provided by
> upstream. I have just followed [1] , 4.9.1 about environment vars. Or do you
> think that I must put override_dh_auto_test to avoid it?

You can never rely on environment variables.  I'd recommend
override_dh_auto_test.

> PS I'm sorry for all the problems that are making this package ...

That's OK.  If I offer SoB I need to be prepared for this.  The only
favour you might like to do me is to stop CCing me.  I'm reading the
list.  :-)