Re: Packaging and sponsoring of ompl (Was: r3898 - in /projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks: robotics robotics-dev)

Hi Andreas,

El Dilluns, 4 de novembre de 2013, a les 23:46:07, Andreas Tille va escriure:
> Hi Leopold,
>
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 11:19:51PM +0100, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > > The following tests FAILED:
> > >          13 - test_2denvs_geometric (Failed)
> > >          16 - test_2dcircles_opt_geometric (Failed)
> > >
> > > Errors while running CTest
> > > make[1]: *** [test] Error 8
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory
> > > `/tmp/buildd/ompl-0.13.0+git20130920.01d0ca4/build' dh_auto_test: make
> > > -j1
> > > test ARGS+=-j1 returned exit code 2
> > >

> > > I attached the full build log in case this might help.
> >
> > I knew that. That's why I put a git version, not the official release.
> > Also, in the rules file I put:
> > DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS += nocheck
>
> Seems you did forgot some push ...

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/ompl.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;h=438449e25538ec86801055a540fb631b6d5b7392;hb=HEAD

it's on the rules file ... have I to put in some more place?

> > I don't understand why do you make test because I disable intentionally.
> > And I do that because:
> >
> > - ompl is a library to make planners that can or not find solution.
> > - the test try to find a solution in an specific time, if it doesn't find
> > the solution, fails. And it depends on the hardware. A slow machine could
> > make more tests fail.
> > - to me it has no sense to make that tests because I have no warranty that
> > it should work (although the library yes) in different hardware, like
> > debian support.
>
> Fine for me to prevent checks - but you need to really specify this.

How? some entry in the changelog, or Readme.Debian. Do you have some
recommendation?

> > I think that there's no some obligation to run the make test provided by
> > upstream. I have just followed [1] , 4.9.1 about environment vars. Or do
> > you think that I must put override_dh_auto_test to avoid it?
>
> You can never rely on environment variables.  I'd recommend
> override_dh_auto_test.

Ok, I will try to steal some time tomorrow to make all of this. With something
like this void are ok, no?

override_dh_auto_test:

> > PS I'm sorry for all the problems that are making this package ...
>
> That's OK.  If I offer SoB I need to be prepared for this.  The only
> favour you might like to do me is to stop CCing me.  I'm reading the
> list.  :-)

:-D

Best regards,

Leopold