Re: Mpich 1/2/3

Hi Anton!

Yes, I would appreciate the help, so that is very kind of you.

Btw, your second point (regarding dh) is something we had planned. But even though the package has potential for improvement in several places, my personal plan was to not do everything at once, in order to prevent several problems appearing simulaneously. The name change in addition to inclusion of the NMU in the changelog was enough of a worry for me at the moment :-)

But if someone more experienced could help I would be glad to work on more improvements simultaneously. Actually, I have been doing some work on moving it to dh locally, but thought I would delay it until after the change of name has gone through without too many problems.

Regarding the change of name, I don't really have a strong opinion on the matter. Replacing mpich2 with a good mpich3 package in Debian is my main goal right now.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen