OpenMPI 1.4/1.6 [was: Re: Mpich 1/2/3]

Le 26/05/2013 20:24, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I am a maintainer of the "mpich2" package. My goal is to package Mpich
> 3.0.4 and get someone from the Debian Science team to upload it to
> Sid. Before Lucas Nussbaum stepped down as a maintainer, we decided
> that it would be a good idea to change the source package name from
> "mpich2" to "mpich" at the same time.
Right!

mpich has not been updated for a very long time.

By the way, while we are talking about MPI, I am planning to upload
openmpi 1.6 [1] over the openmpi package [1].
The 1.6 release have been uploaded in Debian for Ubuntu users (it missed
the wheezy release).
The openmpi1.6 has no longer any reason to exist (it will only confuse
user), especially with the next 1.8 release.

Any comments?

Thanks
Sylvestre

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openmpi1.6.html