Re: Mpich 1/2/3

On 26/05/13 20:55, Anton Gladky wrote:
Ho Torquil,

I think it OK, to use mpich as the source package name for mpich version
3. But it is my personal point of view.

We just need to coordinate a transition (if it is necessary). Do you
have already done some packaging on mpich 3?

Yes, I have uploaded the mpich 3.0.3 sources to the upstream branch in the git repository, as well as made some changes in debian/ to make it work. I might have a few more small changes, though, in addition to uploading the 3.0.4 upstream sources which are now available. E.g. perhaps upping the Debian standards version and including an earlier NMU upload in the changelog.

I have changed the source name to mpich in the git repository, and have also added a few dummy transitional packages since the binary packages will also change names a bit due to the name change and due to an increase in the library soname.

Despite the fact that the existence of the transitional packages seems to give a smooth upgrade on my system, I am of course not 100% sure that the scheme I have deviced is optimal, since this is a bit new to me.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen