Re: abinit

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 06:47:36PM +0200, Yann Pouillon wrote:

> Please note that we (the Abinit developers) are in the process of
> packaging recent versions of Abinit, but following a different
> approach: we are now packaging the above-mentioned dependencies of
> Abinit first, in order to be able to propose a package with all options
> enabled. This work is 85% complete today and I'll send some RFS soon.
> More details here:
>
>   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/nanoscale-physics

Hi Yann and thanks for the feedback.

I think that if you are well on your way of packaging all this
software then it is best to not duplicate the work. I do not use
abinit and do not know much about it, I just saw that it was out of
date and wanted to upgrade it to help out in the science department. I
see now that it is in good hands so I will find something else to do,
chace down some bugs or something :-)

Cheers, Óli