About eclib

I opened an ITP for eclib yesterday :

John Cremona was nice enough to already accept a few of my patch
submissions and give me write access to the repository, so the upstream
sources are in pretty good shape for packaging.

I asked him to rename the lib from libjc to libec for more coherence,
but apart from that, I think I'll be able to publish a nice package
(well, a source package giving three binary ones) quite soon.

This is one of the things lacking in debian for sagemath.

Hope that helps,

Snark on #debian-science