Re: ITP: sumo -- Simulation of Urban MObility

2012/5/12 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:

> Task: Simulations
> # IMHO the "Scientific" is redundant
>  This metapackage will install Debian Science packages that are
>  used to do simulations in different fields of science.
>
> Depends: sumo
>
> Depends: esys-particle, lammps, liggghts, yade

That's perfect!

> Please try to enhance the description and perhaps you can find some
> other packages fitting in this category.

Ok, but I think description is ok for the moment.

> The other question is whether
> the packages  esys-particle, lammps, liggghts and yade are actually
> "wrong" in "Numerical computation" or whether they could be put into
> both tasks.

I think we should avoid duplication of packages in different tasks.
Bu it can be reasonable to add "simulation-task" into depends of
"Numerical computation". Because from my point of view "simulations"
are kind of "numerical computations". What do you think?

morse-simulator should be a proper candidate to be added to "Simulators".

Thanks.

Anton