Re: ITP: sumo -- Simulation of Urban MObility

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 06:28:00AM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I think we can create a new task, calling something like "scientific
> simulations". We can move there packages like esys-particle, lammps,
> liggghts, yade. Now these packages are under "Numerical computation"
> section.

Task: Simulations
# IMHO the "Scientific" is redundant
 This metapackage will install Debian Science packages that are
 used to do simulations in different fields of science.

Depends: sumo

Depends: esys-particle, lammps, liggghts, yade

Please try to enhance the description and perhaps you can find some
other packages fitting in this category.  The other question is whether
the packages  esys-particle, lammps, liggghts and yade are actually
"wrong" in "Numerical computation" or whether they could be put into
both tasks.

BTW, it always helps if you have some critical eye on the tasks layout
whether you regard it properly or some enhancements might be needed -
thanks to Anton for his suggestion.