Re: BibTeX help needed (Was: You can now check BibTeX file obtained from debian/upstream files)

Hi,

Andreas Tille wrote (Tue, 8 May 2012):
>    http://blends.debian.net/packages-metadata/bibtex_help_needed

The problem is the .bib file is wrong. All its entries are doubly-quoted, using
both quotation marks (") and braces. It should only be one of either, not
both. Because of the double-quotation, BibTex parses those entries not as a
set of first and last names but as one single (long) name. Remove the quote
characters surrounding the authors field (and the other fields, too - as far as
I can tell, they are all redundant at least, and problematic at worst) and it
ought to work.

Here's another description of the BibTex format I might suggest reading:
http://maverick.inria.fr/Membres/Xavier.Decoret/resources/xdkbibtex/bibtex_summary.html

Peace,
Brendon