Re: BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

Hi Charles,

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 07:09:31AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I think that we have to be careful to now emphasise too much about the "BibTeX
> format".  Many of the entries that Andreas corrected, I pasted the from the
> BibTeX references provided by the publisher...

I was following the advise here:

  http://nwalsh.com/tex/texhelp/bibtx-23.html

Besides explaining the form how a single name should be spelled it also
says:

 "If there are multiple authors or editors, their names must be
  separated by the word "and", surrounded by spaces, not enclosed
  in braces:"

> For the page separator, if this is already parsed at buildtime on the tasks
> page, how about displaying it as Unicode double dash (–).  This is what is
> intended in TeX by the double ASCII dash (--).

I like the idea in principle BUT I have fought severe fights with
Unicode (I would go that far that 20% of the coding time was fighting
against all kinds of coding troubles).  I would accept a *working* patch
but I will not ask myself for even more unicode trouble (even if I agree
that it would be nice).

Kind regards (and "good morning" to Charles - I'll go to bed now ;-))