Re: BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

Le Sun, May 06, 2012 at 11:24:38PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 10:22:12PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > I think it would make most sense to stick to BibTeX if possible in the
> > debian/upstream format, and further just accepting whatever different
> > BibTeX formats there are.  The web pages however would best look
> > unified, so we could replace "--" by "-" on the web page, and again "-"
> > by "--" for the BibTeX export at http://blends.debian.net/packages-metadata/
> >
> > Would something like the attached patch work at least for displaying?
>
> Yep.  Works perfect, is commited and the running code is updated -
> thanks for the patch.
>
> However, I think there is no real need to "force" people to follow the
> BibTeX convention in debian/upstream files.  I also commited a change[1]
> to the just announced BibTeX creation procedure which inserts a second
> dash if it is missing.  So we are safe for both sides: Your patch cares
> for proper rendering of the tasks pages in case the debian/upstream file
> might follow BibTeX convention and in turn the patch below ensures that
> in the debian.bib file will all pages featuring the double dash (--).

Hi all,

I think that we have to be careful to now emphasise too much about the "BibTeX
format".  Many of the entries that Andreas corrected, I pasted the from the
BibTeX references provided by the publisher...

For the page separator, if this is already parsed at buildtime on the tasks
page, how about displaying it as Unicode double dash (–).  This is what is
intended in TeX by the double ASCII dash (--).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,