Re: ITP: sumo -- Simulation of Urban MObility

Hi Anton,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:12:38PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
> it will be under debian-science umbrella.

That's fine and I know tzhat you are a very active Debian Science member
(BTW, thanks for your great effort into gnuplot!).  However, I'm just
wondering whether we could create a new task[1] where this package and
potentially others might fit into.  For the moment I have no good idea.
We might think either in the diraction of "Modelling" or "Simulation"
or even in terms of "Traffic research" (but in the later category I do
not see other targets inside Debian).

> Sorry, I forgot about long-description...
>
> ==============================
> SUMO is a highly portable, microscopic road traffic simulation package
> designed to handle large road networks. It is mainly developed by
> employees of the Institute of Transportation Systems at the German
> Aerospace Center. SUMO is open source, licensed under the GPL.
>
> "Simulation of Urban MObility", or "SUMO" for short, is an open
> source, microscopic, multi-modal traffic simulation. It allows to
> simulate how a given traffic demand which consists of single vehicles
> moves through a given road network. The simulation allows to address a
> large set of traffic management topics. It is purely microscopic: each
> vehicle is modelled explicitly, has an own route, and moves
> individually through the network.

Thanks

      Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/