Re: Is there any point in loading SVN with outdated upstream source?

Hi Christophe,

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:21:09PM +0200, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
> good point. It should indeed be removed
> must have been there for a long time before I learned about the -o option
> from svn-buildpackage

thanks for the clarification.  However, my question had a more general
part:  Is it OK to simply delete upstream code of *any* package I might
stumble upon from our SVN in case I would stumble upon it = I can safely
assume it is there rather by accident?

I would really like to do so without asking maintainer / list because
usually this code can simply be restored either from upstream or from
spnapshot.debian.org - so no real harm should be caused, thought.  If a
maintainer has really good reasons to keep this code I would suggest
droping a file "README.Status" in the branch/ dir to inform others about
this fact.