Re: ROOT 5.32/00 for Debian Squeeze

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 09:02:31AM -0800, Ricardo Yanez wrote:
> >> No, I cannot commit the time to be an active maintainer. At most I
> >> could
> >> commit to maintain a version for Debian stable.

I wonder from where you obtained the experience that unstable is to
dynamic and the maintenance effort would be to large for your time
limit.  Every package in Debian goes to unstable first (or experimental)
as an exception.  That's the usual way any package comes to Debian.

Whether a package needs maintenance effort or not depends more from the
package itself rather than a frequently changing unstable.  What exact
changes do you expect which would influence your packages.

> In that case the packages are fine where they are (in my repository) and
> anybody is welcome to use them.
>
> I could accept uploads of other architectures if someone has the machine
> and is willing to compile.

If you ask me this plan is more time consuming than doing a proper
upload and enable the Debian Science team to provide help if needed.