Re: how to debug debuild process

* Michael Olberg <michael.olberg@chalmers.se> [110926 15:40]:
> I have recently run into an interesting problem with one of the software
> packages, where I can run the individual steps to generate the package
> successfully, but where the use of dpkg-buildpackage fails. In other
> words, all of
>
> $ fakeroot debian/rules clean
> $ fakeroot debian/rules build
> $ fakeroot debian/rules binary
>
> will work (and in fact eventually produce a valid deb-file), but
>
> $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us

Note that debian/rules build is usually not called as (fake-)root
but as normal user. (While a debian/rules not properly setting CFLAGS
and thus being influenced by dpkg-buildpackage setting them is the
more likely reason for your failure, that is another thing that
can be a difference).

	Bernhard R. Link