Re: Proposal: Debian Science mailing lists

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:15:13AM +0200, Manuel Prinz wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 08.06.2011, 10:06 +0200 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> > == Proposal ==
> >
> > I would like to propose the following:
> > * move all packaging related discussions to
> > debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
> > * use debian-science@lists.debian.org only for user oriented discussions
> > * make sure that all the commit mails are sent on
> > debian-science-maintainers-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org
> >
> > Any comments / opinions ?
>
> AFAIR, this was supposed to be the status quo, but as you say, it isn't.

It probably is not because there are no real means to enforce this.

I personally can perfectly live with the current status because I'm
reading both lists anyway.  I'd suggest that people who feel really
bored just try to educate those people who are not following the
original suggestion (=your proposal).  As long as these people don't
feel bored enough to do something I would just leave it as is.