Re: Scientific software packaging

Hello Gurkan,

On 12:29 Mon 05/23/11 May     , Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> >On 16:22 Tue 05/17/11 May     , Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> >
> >I am packaging LHAPDF and ROOT, and would try to upload them in three
> >or four weeks.
>
> That sounds fantastic, do you already have ready packages that I could test?

The LHAPDF package is here,

http://debian.lifeng.me/lhapdf/

The package is almost in its final form, except I have not completely
checked the license and copyright of source files. I am also planning
a pure data package, named lhapdf-pdfsets, to ship the most useful PDF
sets. (The PDF sets are no longer bundled with the code since
LHAPDF-5.7.1, FYI)

The ROOT package has not been in a good shape for testing yet.

Kind regards,
- Lifeng