OCE -- OpenCASCADE Community Edition

Dear Debian Scientists,

Denis Barbier has brought to my attention the OpenCASCADE Community
Edition, or OCE, a project intended to bring together all of the
community-generated patches, track bugs, and maybe try some new things.
It's discussed at http://www.opencascade.org/org/forum/thread_20111/
which I just mostly read through.  I think there are still slightly
divergent opinions on whether it should be a fork or just a bugfix
repository of use to both upstream and the community.

The project is hosted at https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/ which is
limited to the /ros directory.  It has had 67 commits in the past month,
which compares to 7.6 bug fixes/month for upstream between the 6.3.0 and
6.5.0 releases.

The question to Debian is: do we package OCC or OCE?  If OCE, do we
change the name, or just trust that the changes are minor and fully
compatible?  If the changes are just minor, then do we just gather the
git patches in debian/patches?

Denis and I feel that changing to OCE is the right way to go forward.
But we would like to get feedback from other users and
reverse-dependency user/developers before proceeding.  What do you
think?

-Adam

LAM Delenda Est!!  As soon as I get time to patch mpich2 for Lucas...

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/