bug 577584 in libmesh might be solved by upgrading from 0.6.4 to 0.7.0

Dear everybody,
I write here first, since I am not familiar with the bug tracking system.

I wanted to try out libmesh, but noticed that it din't make into squeeze because of

Googleing around I found
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3084266&group_id=71130&atid=530254 <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3084266&group_id=71130&atid=530254>
that claims that version 0.7.0 is compatible with petsc3.1.

I thus downloaded libmesh-0.7.0.4 and I just want to share with you that it compiles and seems to run the tests on my squeeze installation. I just had to "./configure" and "make", without any hacking. I can provide more info on my configuration or else, if anyone needs them to package the new version.

    Matteo

--
Matteo Semplice				Dip. di Fisica e Matematica
Phone: 031-2386132			Università dell'Insubria