embedded movies in PDF

Hi everybody,
this must be a sort of "evergreen" question, but browsing around never quite gets me the definitive answer...

So, if a PDF file (say generated with latex-beamer) links to a movie, for example as explained previously on this list <http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2007/05/msg00006.html>, xpdf and acrobat show the movie in a separate window. This is better than nothing, but not ideal during a presentation.

So, is there a program/library to show a PDF file with embedded movies?

It should show correctly at least one of the examples in the movie15 manual <http://ctan.mackichan.com/macros/latex/contrib/movie15/doc/movie15.pdf> or this one with embedded mp4 <http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/computernotes/movieExample/movie.pdf> or this other one with embedded swf <http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/computernotes/movieExample/movie-swf.pdf>. (For the record, the beamer code for the last 2 examples are to be found at http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/PDFmovie.html)

If I open one of the above files with acroread, I get an error window "Multimedia Player Finder" which asks me to download a plugin for acroread and if I agree I get the web page http://www.adobe.com/special/acrobat/nomediaplayer.html which tells me that there are no plugins available for my system.

Is it possible to see such PDF files in Debian? Does anybody have an hint?

Best regards,
    Matteo Semplice

--
Matteo Semplice				Dip. di Fisica e Matematica
Phone: 031-2386132			Università dell'Insubria