Re: Sponsor for cminpack / flann

* Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> [110428 12:04]:
>   I am looking for a sponsor for cminpack and flann. They have been
> integrated in the debian-science svn repository. They appears to be
> lintian clean. Those packages will be required for the PCL (The Point
> Cloud Library) packaging, see #624178.

A quick glance over FLANN:

debian/rules
        uses dh(1), so I miss the compotence to say much about it
        and am unable to spondor it. (Though being format 3.0(quilt)
        and "dh --with quilt" sounds a bit strange, but perhaps that
        is the dh way, no idea).

        On the plus side it does show all the compile command line
        options, but it seems to override CXXFLAGS with -O3 always.

        Building two times in a row fails. It seems your clean
        target fails to remove the binary files the build generates.

debian/control:
        - having a DM-Upload-Allowed in there without stating it
        in your sponsorship requests feels a bit ... strange.
        - why is there a build-dependency to latex2html?
          You do not seem to install any files generated by it
          and the build seems to work without it.
        - libflann1 seems to be the wrong name.
        (your libflann1.install does not contain any .so.1 file,
         only .so.1.6, I think you can also drop the lintian override
         if you name this properly).
        - having a flann-doc for exactly one file is quite wasteful.
        As this is only a library, why not put it into the -dev?[1])
        - additionally there seem to be some examples. Why not include
        them in the -dev, too?

debian/patches/adddoctoall.patch:
        - the patch itself seems to be part of the patch.

debian/copyright:
        would be nice to also list the copyright of the scripts
        you use for building (especially the one use UseLATEX.cmake)

	Bernhard R. Link

[1] Ideally also in the proper package specific directory, and
with a doc-base entry.