nautic (1.2-1), ITP Bug #622760 (was: Re: request of sponsorship)

Hi Enas,

This is more suitable for debian-mentors@lists.debian.org, Mail-Followup-To
set.  BTW: I'm not subscribed to debian-mentors; feel free to Cc me.

Op Sun 24 Apr 2011 om 10:06:55 +0200 schreef Joost van Baal:
> Op Fri 22 Apr 2011 om 08:44:57 +0200 schreef Enas Gianni:
> > Sorry maybe I haven't done the right thing yesterday, I wrote this email
> > but I'm not sure someone received, now I subscribed to debinan-science
> > and should be OK:
> >
> > Hi everybody
> > I've just upload a package to mentor.debian, nautic-1.2, is a program
> > that compute the observer position as used in Astronomic Navigation
> > before the coming of GPS system, it computes various data of 56 stars
> > and major solar system objects like those of the official Nautical
> > Almanac ephemeris and can be used with no significant error up to 30
> > years backward or forward actual date.
> > It also compute the local meridian hour in relation of UT time.
> > Is build in C/C++ with the support of wxWidgets libraries.
> > I'm a complete new enter in the debian world, I'm an hobbyist programmer
> > and this is my first deb package, hope could be interesting for someone
> > and I wish to share with the community if useful.
> > So if is worth for the community, I will need a sponsor to distribute.
> > I opened a bug for ITP at bug.debian.org with number 622760.
>
> Thanks for your work!
>
> On
> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=nautic
> it says:
>
> Lintian warnings: 1
>                   W: nautic source: debian-watch-file-should-use-sf-redirector line 11
>
> could you fix that?  (I _might_ have time to have a closer look at your
> packaging soonish.)

The purpose of nautic-1.2/debian/patches/debian-changes-1.0-1 is unclear to me;
this upstream patch is not properly documented.  I guess generating it was not
intended.  Please have a critical look at it.

patches/debian-changes-1.2-1 includes nautic-1.2/man/nautic.1.  It's nice
you've written a manpage.  But please document the fact you've added a manpage.

Care to ship a new and improved version of your package?

Thanks for your work!

Bye,

Joost

--