Re: Asking for common wisdom on new field(s): References*

Le Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:48:12AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> >  - For the Blends task files, I will remove bibliographic information after it
> >    is transferred to the UDD and the web sentinel generators are adapted to
> >    this.
>
> Just to make sure I understand you correctly:  You will try to collect
> the bibliographic information from Yaroslav's proposed BibTeX files into
> UDD?  This is fine for me as well - just asking because your intention
> is not fully clear.

Hi Andreas,

I will add a debian/ustream-metadata.yaml files to the packages for which
I remove the bibliographic info from the tasks pages.

The BibTex files may contain more than one reference, and it is not possible to
know which one to put forward. Unless of course we make a convention that the first
one is always the recommended one.

In that case, we could think about gathering the information directly from
debian/references instead. The main obstacle would be to write the code.
Ideally, I would hope to find a Perl module like BibTeX::Parser, but that
accepts a variable or an URL instead of a filehandle.

Have a nice day,

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy