Re: what about acroread in squeeze i386?

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 10:04 +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >what exactly is wrong with xpdf?  I use it routinely, authoring
> > and refereeing. I find it light and fast.  evince works too, though I
> > find xpdf faster.
>
> xpdf will disappear  soon because of the usual 'security' issues...
> Unfortunately it was much faster and at least for me did render
> correctly pdf files.

Oh, that's distressing, I didn't realise xpdf was in such a parlous
state.  Looks like there's a team forming around though.  If it doesn't
make it into squeeze, at least it won't be removed from unstable, you
could keep trying it from there. Hopefully the team will get it back
into shape.

> See this evince bug (regression from xpdf):

Yeah, I'm not so fond of evince myself.  I particularly despise the way
it hides its own identity, calling itself "Document Viewer" (*which*
document viewer??!!)  But that's more of a systemic problem with Gnome
than with evince.

Drew