Re: Merge of pkg-scicomp into the Debian Science Team

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 10:56 -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:14:05AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > I think it is rather the workflow you have to change which is sometimes
> > much harder.  You have to remember to change the Vcs fields in the
> > control files of your packages, upload to a different Vcs,
>
> When you say "different Vcs", you do mean simply a different
> subversion or git URL, right?
>
> I just want to make sure there is no plan to move all pkg-scicomp SVN
> packages to git or vice-versa.

Conversely, are there tools to migrate SVN history to a git repository?
I've come to like git, and would like to migrate "my" packages.

Then again, with team maintenance, it's hard to tell exactly which those
are...  Will negotiate with other maintainers on each package.

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/