Re: RFS: stda 1.0

Le Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 12:23:48PM +0200, Dimitar Ivanov a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> there are many complex and powerful scientific packages in Debian
> GNU/Linux. Yet, I'm missing stand-alone tools for simple data analysis
> for users who needs just to compute sums, mean values, or may be to
> evaluate and look at the distribution of some variable as for example
> time, date, size, etc. And it will be nice, if one can do this from shell
> by executing a single command or few piped commands, using tools that are
> compact and helpful in a general case. For this purpose I recently
> created a package named "Simple Tools for Data Analysis" and uploaded it
> to mentors.debian.net:

Hello Dimitar,

I had a quick look at the package. In Debian, /bin/sh can be /bin/bash or
/bin/dash. To ensure that scripts will work with either shell, Debian has
developed a script, checkbashisms, to make sure that if /bin/sh is called, it
does not rely on specific features from bash.

Can you confirm that your programs will work with dash as well as bash, or
correct them if necessary? The correction can be as simple as calling /bin/bash
instead of /bin/sh.

Here is the result of checkbashisms:

$ checkbashisms maphimbu mintegrate mmval muplot nnum prefield
possible bashism in muplot line 82 (trap with signal numbers):
trap "_clean_up_ && exit" 1 2 3 6 15
possible bashism in prefield line 66 (trap with signal numbers):
trap 'rm -f "$ofile"; exit' 1 2 3 15

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy