Re: hi team!

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 10:31 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Hello Andrea,
>
> Le vendredi 25 septembre 2009 à 08:01 +0000, Andrea Neroni a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > I'm graduated in physic and actually a student for the Master of
> > science, Debian user from some years. Recently I decided to spend some
> > of my free time
> > to collaborate with Debian.
> > I would want to join the Debian Science Team because some packages are
> > useful in my studies and everywhere developer recommend to join a team
> > to start contribution.
> > Since I'm new to this I need a bit of help for improving my knowledge
> > of the Debian distribution and packaging/mantaining the system.
> >
> > How can I collaborate with you?
> There are different ways of doing it.
>
> The main one is to upload and maintain new packages in the archive.
> You can also help us by fixing some bugs and participate to the
> maintenance of the packages you are using.

Simpler than uploading and maintaining packages is just testing them,
and filing bugs where appropriate, or making "wishlist" suggestions.  A
lot of people just use packages, find something wrong, and gripe to
themselves without notifying the package maintainer.

And there is always a need for better documentation, so if you find
something difficult, try to think of a way to explain it so the next
person has an easier time, and send it to the package maintainer.

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/