Re: Publication information for tasks pages

Michael Banck wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 08:43:10AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> in Debian Med we have started to add publication information to the
>> tasks files.
>
> Nice.
>
> However, at a quick glance, I only see "Please cite: " entries in the
> task overview page, no further references, did I overlook something?
A temporal bug?  I cannot confirm it.

> By the way, maybe it would be better and clearer to have that as "Cite
> as: " rather, to send a bit stronger message that citing might not be
> voluntary if you publish something (and might pre-empt complaints from
> upstreams, dunno).

How about "Please cite as" ? To my understanding, postcard-ware that demands sending a
postcard is "non-free", while postcard-ware that asks to send a postcard is DFSG
compatible. In that sense, the "Please" was intended indicate that the user of the
software is free to violate basic scientific principles by not citing, and that he is free
not to write anything about the work he/she is doing with that software.

> Apart from that, some more comments to the task overviews:
>
> 1. The screenshot thumbnails are unnecessarily small and the box they
> are in has a big margin (at least on my 1024x768 gecko browser); I guess
> that is a problem with screenshots.debian.net, but really - the
> thumbnails are useless.  If they were twice as big, they would probably
> still fit into the free space and be useful.

I agree

Steffen