Re: Publication information for tasks pages

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 09:23:00AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> [Christoph, please read the marked **** paragraph about screenshots and
>  perhaps comment on this in a CC to the list. Thanks.]
>
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 05:11:58PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > However, at a quick glance, I only see "Please cite: " entries in the
> > task overview page, no further references, did I overlook something?
>
> No, you did not.  Adding "Publication-*" fields to a dependency will
> result in a "Please cite" paragraph in the end of the section for this
> package on the tasks pages.  What did you expected?

Well, there is two things: Information on how to cite (usually a paper,
but not necessarily, e.g. popular software packages might rather have a
citation format of "Author, Author, Author, ..., PACKAGE, Version Foo,
2009" or so).

Then there are useful articles which describe the package, but are not
required/requested (by the authors) to be cited; but this information
would still be valuable for some users (especially if the canonical
citation is just in the above form).  Also, more than one reference is
probable here (but more than a few probably don't make sense)

In some cases (usually smaller projects), the initial peer-reviewed
article is also the preferred form of citation.

Michael