Re: simple batch queue system

[ Please CC: me on replies, as I'm not subscribed to this list ]

Hi!

I've been working on TORQUE packages *from scratch* for a pair of days.
Michael Banck learned about this, and he pointed me at this thread and at
the Ubuntu packages I did not know about. Great way of duplicating work!

Anyway, I'm happy about someone else having done the job, and will spend some
time today inspecting the Ubuntu sources to see if some of my work can be
merged in the already existing packages.

I've read the whole thread, and regarding the licensing, my IANAL opinion is
that TORQUE's fork was done from the last version having the "expiration"
for clauses 1 & 2 for a reason, and I don't think the current OpenPBS owners
can do anything retroactive about it. WRT the other clauses, they are
obviously annoying, but I don't think that they should keep TORQUE out of
main. ftpmasters will tell though; I think having TORQUE in non-free would
be useful in case it doesn't fit in main.

Steffen, what are your current plans for TORQUE? Have you coordinated your
upload with Morten Kjeldgaard to keep both packages in sync?

Thanks for your work and comments,
Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/