Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] cran2deb: 1700+ new Debian / R packages

2009/7/13 Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>:
> | 1) Is there an effort to build against unstable in addition to testing?
>
> I think we used unstable at one point (to be closer to Debian practices) but
> where then suffering from some temporary breakage.  I have added Charles back
> to the CC, maybe he remembers.

IIRC, there were tool chain problems in unstable for some time. This
held us up: we switched to testing.

Concurrently building against unstable as well as testing, in addition
to more bandwidth, disk space and cpu time, requires an extra chroot
and may also need some cran2deb modifications to account for differing
package names (this change would also help support Ubuntu).