Re: ITP: mmass a Python-based mass spectrometry tool for proteomics

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:49:56AM +0200, Stephan Boettcher wrote:

> Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:
>
> > IMHO the user is not interested in what programming language a tool
> > is written in
>
> That assumption may not hold for all users, especially in science, where
> a lot of users are programmers, and where 'use' may involve programming.
> Apart from that, I tend consider the programming language when chosing a
> tool.

Well, in fact, as you said, I do care in what language a program is
written for. That said, I can understand that the programming language
may not be specified in the short description of debian/control (I
already had removed that detail).

Ciao !		Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - CNRS - public key C78F687C
Author of ``massXpert''     at http://www.massxpert.org