Re: note-taking and PDF annotation: jarnal

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Jan Beyer wrote:

Michael Hanke wrote am 4/8/2009 7:11 AM:
On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 05:16:00PM -0300, David Bremner wrote:
At Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:11:29 +0200,
Jan Beyer wrote:
Hi debian-science,

I just stumbled upon jarnal [1], a free Java program to take notes using a
stylus or mouse or keyboard with the additional ability to make annotations
and markings in PDF-files. It's exactly what I was looking for for a long
time. In case, somebody wants to reduce the amount of printed out scientific
papers just to be able to make some annotations, that's probably one
interesting thing to check out! ;-)

Xournal is in debian, and seems to work OK.  Is jarnal superior to
xournal in some way?
I have to admit, I did not yet try xournal. But according to their
homepage, they claim they are in an earlier development stage and not so
stable. Also collaborative features would be missing.

Xournal works pretty well and is certainly under active, if slow, development. The current i386 version in unstable has a bug which I will fix in the next few days.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology